Reflective
Journal for the month of October
The
fourth assignment on producing video tutorial using Camtasia Studio was yet another
opportunity for us to learn new things. Especially for me the very soft ware
itself was new and did not know the existence of it till date. It was an eye
opener for me to learn that video productions are done in several ways using
the particular software.
The
new skills that I have gained through this assignment are: Firstly, I have learnt
how to prepare power point presentation in the software itself and then to save
it and to go to ‘record the screen’ and select the area correctly for
good presentation prior to recording the lesson. I came to know that without
the proper area selection, half of the pictures and words are invisible when we
later play the clip. I failed several
times in this part until I finally discovered that area selection is of utmost
importance. Then I knew that we have to go to settings and enable the audio
recording device to start the recording. Saving the clip after recording was
yet another challenge that I came across since the dialogue box for saving are
displayed occasionally and not all the time. However, I managed it after
several inquiries to our friends and through self exploration. Unclear voice
and so much of unknown disturbances of sound in the presentation had also
frustrated me although I could minimize to some extent by fiddling here and
there by clicking to audio enhancement under the heading ‘Edit’. Next I have learnt how to import the clips and
then to edit it by splitting and deleting the unwanted parts of the clip. It is
also new for me to know that final production by saving in CD will not allow
others to edit or delete the clips.
From
the topic: ‘Use different word processing features to produce document’ the
new knowledge that I have gained are: how to insert the shape in activity 2 and
arrange the rings in cylindrical shape using the software GSP which is very
useful in drawing Venn diagrams in Mathematics and to insert different
mathematical equations which is very important for us as a teacher. Using mail merge to write letters and
invitation cards to multiple friends was an opportunity to refresh myself since I have
learnt the same in Chiphen Rigpel Workshop in 2011 but did not get the
opportunity to implement it so far. Activities like inserting two or more
shapes and grouping them together, designing Invitation Cards, Certificates,
first page of the newsletters page and power point presentation are at least
familiar to me although I am not perfect in those areas.
All
in all I have experienced and gained many new ideas and concepts through those
assignments and I hope I will learn and get more enlightened in ICT as and when
I will be exploring with the last materials uploaded by our sir very
recently.
Thank
you
Madam Sangay
ReplyDeleteIt is great to know how much you have learned about Camtasia Studio and producing document in other form. It is all because of your interest and curiosity to explore them. Hope you will use these knowledge for the benefit our children in classrooms. Good luck.
Mam Sangay,
ReplyDeleteIt is good that you have been working hard and your hard work has been rewarded, the reward for the hard work is the knowledge that you have gained from doing the assignments that were assigned to you. Congrats.
Great reflection madam,
ReplyDeleteIt nice to know that we, you and me have learned a lot in ICT module and completed our assignments successfully. Hope you doing well with rest of the work. All the best and keep in touch.
Sangay,
ReplyDeleteVery good reflection! Let us keep up the same spirit and continue to fiddle it here after too. Best of Luck!
good work done
ReplyDeletekeep it up